and a look into how we live by God's grace daily.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Chores, Cousins, & G-ma's

Isla is already 7 months old! I cannot believe how time flies. She is pulling herself up on all kinds of things, she still hasn't quite got the whole getting down by herself, so she usually is happy for a while, then starts to panic as she gets bored and wants to crawl again. We are working on that, I bet in about a week or so she will have it down. She is so funny, very good natured, so happy to see us after a nap or in the morning. She is great sleeper, she does about 9-10 hours consistently (yay for me!), and she takes usually 3 naps a day, a 2 1/2-3 hour one, a 2 hour one, and a 1 hour one. I have been making a point to get on the floor a play with her a lot, it is easy for me to set stuff out and have her entertain herself, but I want to make sure I am actively interacting and talking with her. She has been starting to get so excited when Bo gets home from work, I love it! I think this is what he has been waiting for too. The other day, he walked in and was excited to see her and she just started cracking up, literally laughing out loud uncontrollably, it was hilarious!

She already has chores she has to do everyday ;-) Well not really. I just thought this was kind of cute. Soon enough though!

"Hey Mama, Where does the soap go??"

"okay I think I got it all in..."
"Can I be done now mama??"

She and Judah just love each other. Judah like to always be close to her. She was hanging out in his walker and he crawled all the way across the room over to her, and pulled himself up with this big smile on his face. They are going to be great friends.

Best cousin friends :-)
This is my grandma (doesn't she look amazing!) We are hoping to have her around for a while. She loves these great grand babies. It is really cute to see her with them. She talks in baby talk with them, and reads to Avary and the other day was trying to teach her "I'm a little teapot", I tried to get it on video but of course as soon as I start recording she stops.


WE are loving every moment with our girl. She brings so much joy to our lives. It is crazy humbling to be a mother, it is incredibly revealing of my heart. It makes me realize everyday how truly selfish I am. Even through the days of exhaustion and frustration, and chores, and errands, you still have to push through. Where before if I was tired I would just go take a nap, now I feel there are better, more effective ways to use my time, and the things I have to do are not usually for myself anymore. The other day, I looked down at my toes and I couldn't believe how long I had been wearing disgustingly chipped nail polish (a once very serious pet peeve of mine!), I used to make sure my nail polish was pristine, now I hardly even notice! Yikes! Needless to say, I took the time to change that. Its that kind of stuff though that has made me realize my own selfishness, I was so focused on me. I am sure it will increase as challenges arise and more kiddos are added. I am thankful for the blessing of being Isla's parent, and thankful that the Lord would bring her into my life to make me more like himself.

No comments: