and a look into how we live by God's grace daily.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Summer!

Geez I stink at blogging! my last one was over 2 months ago! I thought I would get better at this once we had Isla because I would actually have things to write about, ummm....not! I guess I just use facebook so much more. Anyway....this has been a great Summer, I cannot believe how fast it went. My brothers came the beginning of June to the beginning of July, so fun having them out. We miss them like crazy! They went to camp, Knotts, Wild Animal Park, Beach, Swimming, Drive in Movies, Mammoth, Ice Skating, Riley's Farm, etc! We tried to keep them busy since our houses (my sisters and mine) are not exactly entertaining for a 14 and 12 year old. WE loved having them out and would like them to come longer next year, we will see, I think they were getting a little homesick towards the end. (these pictures have no particular order :-)

Every now and then Bo gets to take a patrol car home, the boys thought it was pretty cool.
Lauren and Isaac at Knotts Berry farm. Isaac DOES NOT LIKE ROLLERCOASTERS! We had to talk him into to going on the mildest rides! Jacob on the other hand...the closer he was to throwing up the more he liked it, he wants to go to Six Flags next year, we will have to find some people to go with so that he isnt riding the rides all by himself since Lauren and I get sick.
Jacob with the babies
We went to Mammoth for the 4th of July. I love it up there so much, It is always relaxing, the weather is perfect and it is so beautiful and green! We were hoping to have the boys snowboard since the runs were open until the 4th (can you believe that?!?!), but it was only for the most advanced, the snow was sparse. They were bummed, maybe if we go up earlier next year we can go.
getting ready to watch fireworks at the village.
At the mountain.
Isla had an explosion so she got a bath in the sink.
Hanging with Uncle Jacob
We went to Riley's farm in Oak Glen for Isaac's 14th Birthday. The boys, Tyler Tinahui came with us too, participated in a revolutionary war reenactment, it was pretty fun.
While they were doing their thing Lauren and I took pictures of the cousins :-)
Crazy Boys! (in Mammoth)
My good friends from college came to visit! This is my roomate Jessica, she was in my wedding and I in hers, we dont get to see each other as often as we like, but love getting together when we can! She lives in the Valley, Canoga Park.

Jenna, one of my dear friends, was also in my wedding. WE never lived together at school, but were always just doors down from each other. She flew down from Portland Oregon.
Isla and Great Grandma Lola!
Isla and Emery, they are going to be great friends.
We went to the Orange County Fair to see John Legend, Bo and I love him! it was totally last minute, so Isla went with us, we had grass seats and just spread a blanket out, she ended up sleeping through the whole show. What a perfect girl.
She was fascinated with this goat, as he was with her. She loves animals, especially our dog buddy, She gets so excited when he comes around her or she sees him, she army crawls as fast as she can to him. He loves her too and we always find him asleep in her room next to her crib, so we made a bed in there for him.
She is sitting up on her own very well.
My dad also came to visit! It was a really quick trip, just a weekend, but it was good to see him! Miss you dad!
Her and Judah love hanging out, they crawl all over the place and grab each other all the time. They will be great friends.
She is crazy about food! She has eaten everything I have ever given her. I make all her baby food, butternut squash, acorn squash, sweet potatoes, yams, regular potatoes, carrots, rice cereal, barley, oatmeal, banana, avocado, apple sauce. Hopefully this month we can expand our horizons, I think 6 months is when you start introducing more proteins, eggs, yogurt, chicken. I am going to talk to her doc. I still nurse her about 5 times a day in addition to feeding her 3-4 times, needless to say she is growing like a weed!
She is my happy girl, such a joy to have. It is crazy how much we love her, I never get tired of her. Everyday is something new and fun. I pray she grows to love the Lord Jesus, we are so insufficient as parents already, It makes me nervous thinking about the years when she can actually understand all we say and we have to start discipline and instruction. The Lord is faithful though, and we are surrounded by so many amazing parents, I am thankful that we serve a sovereign God who already has a plan for her. She is so precious. We are humbled and thankful that the Lord would choose us to be her parents.

1 comment:

Carri Roman said...

Next time your brothers are in town let me know and we can all go to the beach together or something and my boys will hang with them. :)