Well I am a horrible Blogger. It is something I really want to get better at this year for a number of reasons. 1. Isla changes so much and so fast and I am worried that if I don't start writing things down more, and taking more pictures my weak memory will once again forget special things. 2. We have another baby on the way! I am about 15 weeks along this week. I am only going to get worse at keeping track of things, so if I set aside a time every week to make sure I post something, I think we can stay on track! 3. I want to get it printed at the end of the year.
So my girl is going to be 1 year old in 6 days. I cannot believe this. It seems someone took 6 months out of the calendar this year and just threw it away and everyone went on and no one said anything! I keep thinking..."did I make the most of my time with her??" I am so incredibly thankful to the Lord for providing my hard working husband with a job that allows me to stay home with our sweet Isla. I can't imagine running out the door every morning, dropping her off at daycare every day, rushing to get home, tending to my home, and trying to have quality time with my daughter and husband. It seems practically impossible.
Isla is a huge joy in our lives. I miss her when I am away for a couple hours, I can't wait to get home and see her smiling little face. She is by far the easiest baby ever. She sleeps 12-13 hours every night, take 2 good naps during the day, has never refused any kind of food we offer her (except milk! I can't get her to drink Milk!), totally goes with the flow, if we keep her up late, she is happy, if she misses a nap...she is happy. I couldn't ask for anything easier, the Lord has been so gracious! I pray this next little love will follow in their big sisters foot steps :-) We can only hope. She has been learning to talk quite a bit. She can say Dada, Mama (one of her favs), Buddy (our dog), Dog, Ball, Hi, Yeah!, NO!, Buh Bye, Baby, Ni Night, Yay!, Isla (she thinks every baby she sees is Isla). Recently I think she has been trying to say Hungry, drink, more, and Judah (her best cousin friend). For a while, and occasionally on her own time, she would say "Thank you" PERFECTLY! It was bizarre. We tested it out a ton of times because we couldn't believe our ears, and she said it like 10 times in a row! I wish we could have recorded it, but you know how they are, as soon as the camera comes out, they all the sudden forget everything!
She started taking tons of steps, on her 11 month birthday she took about 8 steps in a row! She now can follow me all over the house, but sometimes resorts to crawling since she can get places faster and with less injury. She never ever cries when she falls, sometime she will fall so hard, and just sit up, grunt, and keep on going. We laugh, but sometimes I question if she is really okay! I know if she does cry though, it really did hurt, so of course we baby her then :-)
I am crazy about her and her little smile and dimples! So hard to resist squeezing her sometimes.
One of her favorite foods is kidney beans, I know it sounds weird, but they are actually kind of tasty. A little sweet too, lots of fiber and protein and perfect size and texture for babies. I buy the ones in the can, and rinse them really good. We take them for a snack when I have lots of errands and shopping to do.
She was laughing so hard when she was "feeding" me, she is quite the Indian giver.
We laugh a lot together. She thinks I am hilarious, and I think she is hilarious so it works out great :-)
She love love loves her Dada. She get sooooo excited to see him when he gets home, and she always asks for him as soon as she gets up.
She has about 6 teeth so far, 4 on top, and 2 on bottom. Another on the bottom is just popping through.
They were "smelling" the flowers and she thought it was so funny!
Her favorite activity at the moment is pushing anything and everything she can around the house and kitchen. This is our step stool, we keep it under the desk in our kitchen. She climbs under there and pushes it out from the back. While she is under there she often peaks out to look at me and says "hi!" with a big smile on her face, one of my favorite things she does.
there she goes, shoving it around!
Daddy getting a bath ready for her, I couldn't resist this cute picture with Buddy looking on, I love her in just a diaper. Babies have the cutest little disproportional bodies.
cute little sleepy face. She is going to have short little thick legs like her dad, and unfortunately her mom has them too.
Until next time!.......
2 comments:
Yes LOVE her dimples. She is darling. Love your blog. :)
She is almost One??? OOOOOO my word se is getting sooooooooooooo big.We miss you guys.
Hannah
Post a Comment