and a look into how we live by God's grace daily.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Joy...

So since starting the academy, Bo has officially become a morning person. I have always liked to get up early, get the day started, have a good cup O' joe, but i also LOVE to be in bed by 9:30, 10 at the latest. Bo could stay up all hours of the night, he is able to function well on 4-5 hours of sleep, not for long periods of time though. There is always one day every couple of weeks that he sleeps in, takes a nap, then goes to bed at a decent hour to catch up.
Since February 5th, my poor loves alarm has been sounding off loud and clear at about 4:15am every weekday morning. Now I don't know if anyone is even up then, but it really is some kind of ungodly hour! He jumps right out of bed, shuts the alarm off and gets going, with not even a second thought to turning right around and nuzzling right back under the sheets. Now me on the other hand, who actually is suppose to be liking getting up early, waits until the last second to jump out our nice cozy down comforter. Not only does Bo get up ready to roll, he is Joyful about it. I don't think in all the 25 months that we have been married has Bo ever woken up in a bad mood, wrong side of the bed, whatever you want to call it. You'd think this would be the time if any, but not even now! It really is such a blessing to be married to this man, he teaches me things about myself all the time. I have been such a proud wife, especially these last couple months, not once has he complained, been upset, cranky, I have probably done more of this than him, and I am not the one at 6am getting yelled at to do push up and run!!
People in his academy ask him all the time, "I want whatever your on Sivilay, why are you always in such a good mood this early," this has obviously opened many opportunities to share that our joy is not here on earth, but in things that are eternal, that our joys comes only from the LORD and not in the things we accomplish.

Psalm 16:11- You make known to me the path of life;

in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

I am so thankful that our Joy does not rest in the hands of people, or anything here on earth, or accomplishments, but constantly in the presence of our God, and knowing that we serve a sovereign God we can give thanks and find joy in the things He has ordained in our life knowing that He has our good in mind, and he will have His glory one way or another.

No comments: